Wednesday, June 15, 2011

As ye sow...

so shall ye reap.



...or

Q: what's dumber than a box of rocks?
A: a basket of rocks.

See, I know there's something innately funny about going into the garden (I did some hoeing yesterday- that also makes me laugh) and picking rocks. If I would just wait until later in the day after it's had some time to marinate in my mind I'm pretty sure I'd come up with something better. I'm just too impatient.

Note that the handle of the basket is in disrepair. I put it down (empty) for a brief moment yesterday and Lizajane went running willy nilly with it. It was completely adorable- that dog running with a basket in her mouth- and I may stage it again just for a photo op. Or else maybe I'll try it whilst full of rocks and see what she makes of that.

And in the interest of not complaining about the weather, I'd like to say that the weather we've had for the last 3 days is the best weather I can remember in the last 5 years. It's been perfect. I didn't think we'd ever have days like this again.

1 comment:

JelliDonut said...

So who plants the rocks in the first place, is what I want to know. And why do they keep doing it, year after year after year?