Sunday, November 29, 2009

Whoo Whoo

The weeks adventure concluded with a trip to The Salty Sheep in Swansboro, N.C. It had some delicious yarn. Shelves and shelves of koigu and malabrigo. I picked up 2 skeins of Dream in Color Classy- in a color called Deep Sea Flower

photo from here

and promptly cast on for Sandy in Wonderland's Owl Mitts. They were a perfect accessory for reading Russian literature even if Crime and Punishment does happen in the summer. They only took half the day on Friday to finish so I began Noreen Hunter-Talbot's Owl Hat

I am grateful for free patterns. I should have probably skipped some of the plain knit rows when decreasing for the crown. It's a little pointy on the top but I think it will either block out or I'll work the crown again. Here's a crappy from the computer shot- not knowing when I'll be able to get a good one.



Nothing cures lace frustration like some yummy worsted on size 7 needles. Owl mitts seem to change my personality as well. Not sure if it's the owl factor or the mitt factor but I feel incredibly cool wearing them.

Lizzydoodle the travelin' dog was an angel on the way home. Though while I was the driver she tried her best to keep her head in my lap.

In an effort to maintain the beach feel, I took her for a walk and collected a pine cone instead of shells.

1 comment:

Yarnhog said...

Mmmm...lovely yarn!