Sunday, November 15, 2009

I was reading a cookbook in bed last night

... and when I woke up I was a little chili. Bwah hah hah hah.

Actually- Sophanne The Delusional Cook had some success with white chili (chicken, Great White Northern Beans in a chicken broth base) in the crock pot yesterday.

I also attempted Chocolate Revel Bars (for those of you literate in actual recipe names). These were made with a store bought refrigerated cookie dough on the bottom, a middle layer of melted semisweet chocolate and sweetened condensed milk in the and another layer (but not complete covering) of cookie dough on top. They sort of tasted like chocolate chip cookie brownies. They have some potential as soon as I can get it so that the bottom layer cooks at the same speed as the top layer.

Mr. Sophanne declared success for both which is all a delusional cook needs to try again.

There is some errant knitting to show.

The glow in this picture is as much "cashmere glow" as it is poor lighting. I finally busted out the cashmere and having nothing I wanted to risk with it am doing a scarf like something.



Here we've got another attempt at a bear and some malabrigo mittens. The bear seemed easier to do than the last ones. I still need work on the embroidered face and the ear placement.



And a gratuitous Liza picture from my birthday last week.

4 comments:

Haley said...

cute bear and I LOVE the balloon pic. too cute!

Cindy said...

Lord, woman. You made me laugh out loud. Now, cut that out! I'm so glad you are having luck with your cooking. I much prefer to bake, so the cooking part suffers. Love the pic of Ms. Liza Jane and her/your balloon!

Carol said...

WIN all around! experimental cooking can be fun....

Lydee said...

woke up a little chili, lol!