Saturday, December 13, 2008

Overstock.sophanne

Eta Cindy and MK. They're on the way!


O.k.- so the mama ordered Lil' Liza a doggy backpack. Faithful readers know this. Now the backstory. They told her that it shipped before the giant blanket bathrobes did and I let her know that it had not arrived. She talked to operators who said they would get right on it. They did. It arrived the next day. Then another one arrived. And now a third one has arrived. Over the weekend (last weekend-before the third one arrived) she tried to explain that all was well and we could send the second one back and blah blah blah. The weekend help did not understand which explains why we have a third one. I believe the company might implode if we tried to return them. When they say "overstock" they're not kidding.

I was just going to send one to Pepper- KnitnNat's great dog- but I'm not sure he'd make use of it. Jenn has indicated that Rufus would likely lie down in peaceful protest at the thought of it- No word from Stella and Kim.

Email me the address of a needy dog (blts at alltel (dot) net) and the first two I get will get a doggie backpack for Christmas. It does not need to be a blogger- it does not need to be yourself. If you have a friend who you think would gain great pleasure from this, I'm all for spreading the cheer. Send the dog's name and the owners address and call me Santa.

Please hurry. Apparently they're multiplying.

6 comments:

Mary Kathryn said...

FUNNY. Poor overstock.com.

Anonymous said...

Lucy already has a backpack, so she doesn't need one.

Cindy said...

Although I think Grover could use one, I do believe that 130# dog is a tad larger than lil Liza Jane. Thank you, though;--)

Anonymous said...

you could give one to nik and jen for jasmine. they would get a kick out of it. altho i don't know about the whole sizing issue....

Anonymous said...

Hi Becky, I miss you guys. I am going to start coming to knitting after the first of the year. I could use the backpack for my dog Bella. My husband takes her for long walks and he could keep water and treats for her in the backpack. Thanks and Merry Christmas from Dee. (Tuesday Knit Night at Panera) {pbj12@verizon.net} {P.S. I forgot to tell you that my dog is a Lab and weighs 65 pounds}

Kim said...

Wow,so many backpacks! Stella would like one for sure! Don't know if the extras are already spoken for, but if not, send it my way. YOu (and your mom & overstock.com) rock!