Saturday, July 27, 2019

The end of the days

of summer.

We are definitely near summer's end when I am happy to spend time watching Bewitched, What's Happening, and Welcome Back Kotter.

My trainer upped the ante on Thursday and there will be a few days of soreness as I try my latest assignment.  The bad news is that she is an athletic trainer at a local school which means there will be no after school sessions.  She opens the facility (at 5:00 am) on Tuesdays and Thursdays which makes my weekly training sessions happening at 5:00 am, meaning I've got to get up by 4:15.  I have not yet had success in practicing rising that early.  I'm hoping I'll do better when there's someone there waiting for me.

There's been a good bit of time spent organizing teaching.  I'm doing the sorts of things that I used to do when I played school and also medical receptionist as a child.  Organizing paperwork, making lists etc.  Only now I don't have to make up the names.

Thee's been some knitting. There are too many projects that my brain wants to try.  There is a cotton vest with an open pattern- not really lace but lots of yarn overs.  There are people I want to knit for.  There are birds I want to knit.  There are toys I want to make for the grandniece. There's a crocheted mandala that will either go to my accountant or to the eldest granddaughter as she ends her gap year and heads to college when it's finished.

I'm hoping to at least finish a collection of these to complete my vision- 6-7  of these in various sizes attached to a found stick to  look like a tree branch, hung by twine from either end of the stick up to the middle.  Homemade art for my classroom.



In spite of regular gym attendance the scale has not been my friend- I know- muscle weighs more than fat- but still. I photographed this food in case I go searching the blog for something to make for lunch or dinner.  A tortilla, hummus, cucumber, cherry tomatoes and a sprinkle of feta cheese.


It doesn't help that my new favorite snack is sherbet with chocolate sauce and that greathusbandbob brings home a sprinkled donut a day because he knows I love them.  

Last night Aunt called to see if we were visiting tomorrow.  Last week was a nightmare that involved 90 minutes of her complaining that we didn't call her when we left on vacation and didn't call her when we got back.  Lots of I felt so unloved... no one cares about me... etc. Greathusbandbob finally slowed her down by talking about how he saw our pictures on the milk cartons in the coffee shop where she lives.  But then she whined and complained about being picked on so there was nothing left but 90 minutes of our absence being the main topic.  She says she's not mad anymore. Oy!

No comments: