Monday, July 29, 2019

A nothing day can turn on a dime. Or ride on a bike.

A text exchange with my friend now known as FirstgradeRobin- a teacher at my school- brought up the subject of bikes. She asked if I had one and told me that she’s been riding a lot.  It was only a few weeks ago when I realized that greathusbandbob and I could bike ride no more.  I can’t be too excited about it ay home because I know it’s something he loved to do.

Today I reviewed and remembered how to remove and attach the front tire of my bike and ended up with this-


It fits in my car!  I W-D 40ed all of the rusty looking spots and the gears.  I took it to Sheetz to attempt to put air in the tires.  I filled them enough for a test ride.  I’m still a little afraid of over-inflating and will likely take them to the garage owned by specialedCassie’s husband to make sure they are road worthy.  When we went before, it was always a big ordeal to the trail. FirstgradeRobin will be happy at the fairgrounds, in the Walmart parking lot or along the industrial park road by the gym.  The last two locations are surprisingly beautiful. I am so excited.

The next task of the day was to put the treadmill we have at home near an outlet.


No excuse on Saturdays and Sundays when the gym closes at 4:00.

Today’s other project involved bird knitting. Bulky yarn on size 10 needles.  I will use it when we play Bluebird Bluebird through my window.








No comments: