Tuesday, July 02, 2019

Once an exhibitionist...

If you believe the stories that adults tell about when you were little, then the following is true-

As a small child I got new underwear (maybe with ruffles- can't be sure.)  I was so pleased with them that I showed them to everyone on a city bus.  I do not remember this occasion but have it from a quasi-reliable source.

Now at the age of 53 I have reverted to similar behavior.

This morning's workout with the trainer ended with me touching my toes.  Something I haven't done since I probably was that young child.  I was so pleased with myself that I told the bus story to a stranger at the gym and gave a toe touching demonstration.  Then as I was leaving I shared it with the people at the front desk.  I was simply so very pleased with myself.

The muscles had tightened a little by the time I got home for a picture (my knees were straighter at the gym) but I swear I did it.  I had to apply the sketch app to it because honestly there is still too much white ploof to behold in one picture.


Also today I rowed for 5 minutes instead of three.  I want to get good at that rowing thing.

No comments: