Saturday, May 18, 2019

16 years a festival

I remember the first one. SouthAfricaAnna came to visit from Philadelphia having just recovered from two knee replacements and gastric bypass surgery.  We bought needles and railroad track yarn and really had little idea about what we were doing.  It was the worst possible fiber to start with- but then again it made everything else feel easy.

I like to take a canvas bag for my purchases rather than carry around multiple bags.  I had to remove yarn from a canvas bag to find one.  This gave me pause about actually buying any yarn. (which I did not do.)  Instead I bought hand sewn bags for yarn, stitch markers, a handleless coffee mug, some soap and lotion, and some silver jewelry and buttons.


The lady with the silver jewelry (made from vintage silverware) was my most favorite.



It is absolutely the ring I've been looking for.  And it's made of silverware. In the center are buttons that will be used on a sweater I will knit someday.

So while I refrained from fiber, I did my best to encourage quality vendors to return by not going for the cheapest item and paying in cash.  

Last weekends wedding on the mountain in the rain left me with some bronchial distress- that combined with a morning of retail therapy requires a hearty nap.


No comments: