Friday, April 05, 2019

When you’re a teacher...

Most people face desks with stacks of unfinished work on their desks when the return after an extended leave.  

Not me.

I went to my mailbox and found this from my Office-loving counselor friend.

                             

I got to my door and saw this- a decorated door full of love.


And as I opened the door I saw this- welcome back cards lining the entrance-


I walked a little further and saw this-


And when I got to my desk, I saw this from the sub-


I thought I was done and then the secretary asked me if I saw the cards lining the hall. I thought she meant the ones that I saw coming in.  She said no, come out here.  Where I saw this-


The one on the right is longer than the blue one and wraps around the wall.

I thought I couldn’t feel better and then the buses unloaded and those little kindergartener’s faces lit up and they came running full speed for giant hugs.

Again-I assumed that was the last of it but as the high school kids were leaving the resident artist and his friend stopped to give me this-

             

It is a caricature of one of the more annoying students who regularly whines the statement on the front of the card with that exact gesture.  The inside shows his lunch box filled with snacks he’s taken from my room. To the left it reads “I had nothing to do with this,” just in case I didn’t laugh.

Here’s what it looked like from the window of my car leaving today-



But it was all sunshine in my heart.



















1 comment:

kmkat said...

Why am I not surprised that they missed you?