Wednesday, December 05, 2018

Further more

In line with being either at the top or at the bottom, the state of West Virginia just became #1 in mourning what would have been a blip on the radar if his contemporary weren't such an ass.


The state of West Virginia closed all state offices, West Virginia University and all public schools as a day mourning for George H.W. Bush.

At the end of the day we heard about the National Day and that there would be no mail delivered.  We also heard about state offices being closed.  I jokingly asked "if it's all state employees, will they close the schools as well?"  And indeed they did.  At 4:30 in the afternoon.  Older facebook friends noted that they didn't even close the schools for Kennedy's funeral so what the damn what?

I don't really mind.  There is a bit of an inconvenience in that it's been over a month since I've seen my choir which meets on Wednesday.  Last week it was a snow day, the week before it was Thanksgiving and the week before that was an early dismissal.  Next week is the program- fortunately I had already planned on NOT having them sing there.  They are just awful.  But, we are going to the senior center to perform the following week on - Wednesday of course.

I was going to try and make it a sing along so that the audience would help them but I don't know how well that will go over.  Instead I took the advice of my principal, downloaded some carols, make a booklet with the words and they will just sing with recorded music.  My 28 year old self is having a heart attack.  My 53 year old self is laughing and laughing.

Also the high school is planning several holiday activities meaning shortened classes so it appears as though I will be able to make medieval times last until Christmas and save Leonardo da Vinci for January.

In other news, I'm waiting to hear what's next my body.  They finally decided to have a look at the crazy heavy cycles I have been occasionally getting in the last three years.  Seems like there are some cysts blocking what would be the normal release of the lining.  In my mind it's a little irrelevant as they are suggesting that everything mostly over and done with anyway.  I hear back from them at the end of the week.  The trans-vaginal ultra sound (yes its as bad as it sounds) lady asked if they planned to biopsy anything.  I was like what the what?  At least it was a little hint as to what might come.

2 comments:

sunshine said...

Please.................keep me posted on what they tell you. If you don't, I will call :-)

kmkat said...

If they recommend a hysterectomy, go for it! I had one at age 43 because of fibroid tumors, and let me tell you! It was like had been broken for 35 years and now I was fixed! (Yeah, I totally get that I was *fixed* just like when one takes their dog/cat to the vet to have them *fixed*.) I have no advice either way if the doc asked whether you want to have them remove your ovaries as well. Ovaries gone = no hormonal mood shifts. Ovaries still there = no sexual disfunction. Keep me/us informed of your status.