Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Break day 4

Took the cousin shopping as per usual on Saturday.  It is inevitable that when we go out to eat, she gets food on her.  I often do to but I wipe it off and move on.  She frets and asks if it will come out and worries that she is going to be scolded (or as she refers to it- bawled out.) This week she spilled a little something, looked down, and said “it never fails...” with almost a smile on her face.  I consider this to be one of the greatest accomplishments of the past year.  Relaxed enough to laugh at herself.

Sunday was the weekly aunt visit sans greathusbandbob. The latest version of the cold going around still had him down.  Come to find he is not required for constant conversation. She takes his place though it’s often the same stories/complaints over and over.  I was scolded/bawled out for being more relaxed this time and not other times.  I told her I’m sure it had something to do with the fact that I was starting a week off.  She didn’t believe me.

Monday was house cleaning day and it was a great success.  I actually texted this picture to the woman who comes to clean our house.


This dresser and stand are usually piled high with clothes.  I made things fit in drawers. I never do that.  It’s hereditary.  As soon  as the last load is out of the dryer tomorrow I will have no chores hanging over my head. None. 

I’ve been coloring and saving pictures of internet dogs in the evenings.




The sad news is that whilst doing laundry this accidentally went into the washer and is ruined. It’s times like these I refer to the concept of impermanence to manage my disappointment.


Today was the traditional breakfast and presents for the cousin it her house.  Microwave pancakes and bacon simplified everything.  I did manage to use the rest of the box of oranges I bought and used the juicer to make fresh orange juice.  Come to find if you soak the parts of that in soapy water for an hour there is no real cleanup involved.


Cousin got two calendars because I forgot I had already purchased and wrapped one.  I’m officially in the “I forgot what I bought” mom’s club.

While I don’t want to wish my break away, I’m looking forward to watching Jeopardy on Thursday.  My summer visiting favorite internet friend kmkat is a contestant.


And finally they couldn’t do the uterine lining biopsy.  Apparently my cervix has the required marine haircut and is high and tight.  They couldn’t get through. So on January 7, I go to one day surgery for a D&C. Prior to making that call I mostly just closed my eyes and thanked my lucky stars I wasn’t at the dentist.  Also when I asked her if I had to miss work she said- the procedure day and one day- you can probably stretch it into two if you wanted.. Yippee.  Almost as good as a snow day.  Tomorrow I’ll write lesson plans for the sub and who knows what else because everything on the list is done!










No comments: