Thursday, October 11, 2018

Pockets of Treasures

Yesterday at our daily briefing greathusbandbob shared his cardio doctor results.  When they first began monitoring "ejection fraction" he was at 25%.  This is the percentage of blood that your left ventricle pumps out.  The red danger zone begins at 40%.  41-49% is normal.  As of yesterday appointment he was at 45% which takes him out of the danger zone!  Thank you enteresta.

He also found out that the woman who owns the most beautiful Victorian house on the block may be selling in a year or so.  Right now it's one of the recovery houses but the owner says she is planning on stepping away from that.  He asked the price and immediately told her we would buy it when it became available.  A lot can happen in a year but seriously, if I can live in a Victorian house while I'm doing it, I will work for another 10 years!

Then a really weird thing happened.  Secretarysandy came to lunch today, sat down and immediately said "I had the best dream about you last night." And proceeded to tell me that I was living in the perfect house and she came over and spent the night and it was the happiest feeling ever.  When she described the entrance to the house in her dream it she described the house mentioned above. (*twilight zone music*) I hadn't had time to even tell her about the news beforehand.  (I've got to keep a lid on it because gets me way to excited and equally disappointed)

This morning as I was walking toward bus sidewalk duty, Jordan, a kindergartener stopped me on his way to breakfast and said "Hey!  Guess What?!"    I said "I don't know- tell me what!"  He said "I LOVE YOU!"  Again if every day had such a start it would be much easier to keep going.

I went to the high school basking in the good feels.  While the kids were eating their grab and go mid morning snacks a group of middle school girls peeked into the classroom waving and laughing and being general paparazzi.  The high school kids laughed at my "celebrity status" and I told them the story from the kindergartener.  Class goes on as usual and when the bell rings my favorite goth artist kid (they're all my favorites- just favorites in different categories) stays behind and says "Hey Mrs. Terry, guess what!"  I smiled and said "What?"  He said "I love you!"  I said "I love you too."  My face hurts from smiling even as I type this.

And finally- Usually I am the extra friendly hi how ya doin' person at Zumba.  I finally got over myself and realized I didn't have to make everyone in the room like me. One girl, who I have seen their often, struck up a conversation.  It came out that I was a music teacher and she said she was an oboe major for 5 semesters until she couldn't take it anymore.  I asked her where she went to school and she said "WVU-I graduated in 2006."  She said this AS IF I could have possibly graduated anywhere near that date.  When I didn't immediately share my matriculation date (knowing I had former students as old as her) she asked.   I mumbled 1987.... her eyes became saucers and she said "but you don't have any wrinkles."

The moral of this story is that when you think everything really sucks a lot, eventually pockets of treasures appear.

No comments: