Sunday, October 14, 2018

On the menu


Quesadilla marguerite on whole wheat tortillas.  Basil from the plant that hasn't died yet and just a sprinkling of balsamic vinegar.  Let me just say that there is more to mozzarella than Kraft shredded and I'm glad to have discovered that in this lifetime.

This afternoon's lunch conversation began with greatauntsippy talking about how her husband was a magician.  Greathusbandbob asked if she was ever his assistant.  This led to me demonstrating the difference in hand positions between a  magician's assistant, a model on the Price is Right and Vanna. (who is apparently leaving the show.)  

Greathusbanbob pondered the thought of bringing Wheel of Fortune to the assisted living place.  I declined as Vanna and mentioned my favorite internet friend kmkat was going to be on Jeopardy.  So kmkat this next riff is dedicated to you.

Aunt's friends nephew was talking on and on about how people who read probably do well on that show.  This guy is always the first to talk and never listens to see if anyone else has anything to say.  While he was going on and on and on, greathusbandbob wondered about a game of Jeopardy at the assisted living place. Then the game of naming categories for the over 80 crowd began. 

They included- 

Medical Equipment 
Doctors who end in "ologists"
I used to do that..
What's for dinner
Name that side effect
Kids these days

So kmkat, while I am expecting great things from you, maybe by the time you're over 80 there will be a Jeopardy alternative for you.  I know all the answers! LOL




No comments: