Sunday, October 21, 2018

Looks aren't everything

While it appears somewhat bland, this evening's dinner was amazing.  Black bean taquitos.


They are stuffed with green chiles, green onion, black beans and a little cream cheese.  Which, in my opinion makes anything taste good- as does the mozzarella that I accidentally topped them with mozzarella.  The texture variety is really what made it and 4 taquitos are about 700 calories- not bad for a filling dinner. A little hummus and carrots on the side and I am full and satiated.

All that being said, I'm going to be hardcore back to the basics vegetarian and exercise this week. (I hope)  The last time I declared it so, it was indeed so.  I've locked the delicious protein bars/cookies in the lock box to prevent binge eating. Sigh.

Today's assisted living conversations began with draught horses and how they can work a farm and led to fox hunting.  What I did not know about fox hunting is that it's not really hunting.  Those guys on the horses don't shoot anything.  They chase the fox hounds just to watch them tear up the fox.  Mostly the guys ride and fall off horses and drink a lot.  

In final I can't believe it news- as we drove home greathusbandbob asked if I wanted to do his 1/4 mile walk with him at the fairgrounds.  What the what? My husband asked me to walk!!!!  It ended up being a 1/2 mile and I had to take small steps but maybe he'll do it some more.

No comments: