Thursday, August 30, 2018

A magician



It’s blurry but it’s probably the glow of her magic making it so.

Greatauntofmine has been in and out of ICU.  When she was released today she had what’s known as ICU delirium.  Who knew that was a thing?  

I walked into her hospital room and she said “I’m dying, they shot me.  Ask him out there.  I was shot.  They brought me here to watch me die.”

This went on for 45minutes.  Then Dr. Mays showed up, calmly explained to her (using near identical words) that her brain was traumatized from being so sick and was making sense of things the best it could and when she saw someone shot on television and then pulled out her IV bleeding all over the place that’s what it did.

Aunt looked at me and said “now her I believe.” I don’t swear much on here but holy fucking shit what the fucking what!?

And the reason I have her picture was so that when she left I could show aunt and say remember what she said?!

1 comment:

sunshine said...

Oh my you made me laugh! I could just hear her saying "now her I believe"!