Monday, June 25, 2018

This started, in fact, as a knitting blog.

I got some new blocking pins at the festival.  I've seen them in the knitpicks catalogue but couldn't picture their usefulness until I saw them in person.  They have turned "I hate blocking" into " I don't hate blocking as much."

This is called the Chilkat Cowl by Rosemary Hill (Romi).  I've always loved her designs.  The yarn is a blend of cashmere, silk, camel and alpaca from China Road. It is a cowl long enough to pull over your head and the tassels are drawstring to close up the gaps.  I may have ordered some additional yarn in blues to make another... or two.



I also may have accidentally purchased 6 times more blocking mats than I will ever need (I can't believe my math skills failed me and I somehow thought I would need 48 sq ft.)  They may come in handy at school. 

I also moved the blocking staging area from the dark recess of a storage room to the den in the basement, realizing that I could tuck it away out of site.


Diet realizations of the week included the fact that I can not buy delicious protein bars (even when they have 30g of protien) because I will eat the entire box in two days, defeating the purpose of low calorie high protein.  Back to beans and quinoa I return.

Also, while culling some photos I found this one which I took while waiting for road construction to let me pass.  These are my favorite goats that I pass every morning on the way to school.  I love them.




1 comment:

Silvia said...

Cute cowl! It sounds scrumptions! Speaking of scrumptious, try edamame if you haven't yet. It's yummy and low fat, high protein. (mine comes from Trader Joe's if you have one nearby).