Saturday, June 02, 2018

body to go with the hair.

I've cut my hair short three times now.

Once at the end of high school.  I didn't love it then but I look back at pictures and it looked kind of adorable.

The second time was right before I went to South Africa.  I wasn't sure what the water/shower conditions would be and didn't want to fight that.  It was a good plan and I look at pictures and I don't hate it.

The third time was yesterday.  There are no official life changing events in the works.  Except maybe instead of the event precipitating the cut, the cut has precipitated the event.

There are three more days of school left next week.  Summer lists in the past have included 3-5 things- some of which I do and some of which seemed like a good idea at the time of list making but then weren't that interesting to me.

This summer's list has two items.  One is to finish what I started last July and spend at least an hour a day at the gym. This plan also includes the juice machine- maybe twice a day with a solid dinner and a meal replacement protein drink. I am fairly certain this one will stick.

The other is to study logic problems.  Right now I get about 50% of them right.  When I first started looking at them I was getting 0%.  I just have to remember that.  I kill it on the reading comprehension problems and am getting better at the logical analysis ones.  I believe this one will stick because I've noticed that once I step into the world of logic problems, time does that going by faster thing and the next time I look up it's three hours later.

For the big reveal for anyone that didn't see it on the book of Face...


Keeping in mind that this was at the end of an entire day of rotating grades in first a field day and a water day, it looks pretty o.k.  The pink shirt was the only thing I had to change into and was most necessary after a day like that.  There were not remnants of make up to be found.

The sign of a good hair cut is that you don't automatically want to brush it out as soon as you get home.  That's the first time this has happened.  Although it may have something to do with the fact that I was still in shock and also terrified at what I had just done.

In trying not to imagine myself looking too much like an old lady teacher person I've pretended that it's a Molly Ringwold, Mary Lou Retton sort of cut- except for they are old ladies now too.





2 comments:

Suzanne said...

It looks nice and will be great to have it off your shoulders in the Summer heat.

sunshine said...

You still look like a teenager to me!