Saturday, June 16, 2018

Cooking shows

Are my new favorite thing.  Baking shows for now.  Just watching them manipulate ingredients makes me a better cook.  In the same way that when Liza the dog sees horses she thinks she’s a show horse.  I’ve binge watched "nailed it" and "zumbo's just desserts"- both on Netflix.

Today I made sausage vegetable lasagne.  Sausage and broccoli and carrots in the sauce, spinach in the cheese mixture.  Classico marinara sauce and oven ready lasagne noodles.  Everything was "on point" (that’s a cooking term) except the dish was filled too full and made bad burning smells and lots of smoke in the oven.  It was pretty amazing though.  It tasted just what I was hungry for. #proudofme.

Yesterday the dog was hilarious.  She devised a multi-step plan to score a walk.  Used to be she'd just bring me the shoe.  Yesterday she whined at greathusbandbob until he opened the door where I was still in bed.  She jumped on the bed and pushed me out with her nose and her digging at the blankets.  She waited for me to have coffee and breakfast. Then she brought out the tennis shoe.  Then she brought out the other one.


1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Smart doggie! I found a new cooking show on Netflix called "Lords and Ladles". Three Chefs....recreate a historical meal....one gathers and/or kills the ingredients...one cooks and is in charge in the Kitchen...last one gets to research the recipe and eat the meal.