Sunday, March 11, 2018

At least it didn’t snow... oh wait.

We went back to school on Thursday.  The kids had an Arctic Day(teachers report-kids don’t) on Friday.  I took a day.  I can only spend so much time looking busy.

I like chopping vegetables with a sharp knife.  Who knew?  I like it so much that I didn’t even take a picture of the final product.

The ingredients were this from an amazon prime video cooking recipe.





It was for vegan Shepard's pie.  I doubled the recipe but ran a little short on the potatoes.  I’ll know for next time.  Also on this week's menu is roasted cabbage slices over egg noodles.

There’s been a good bit of cheating going on.  A meal at red lobster (I did order broiled and grilled things but went to town on the biscuits,) this was followed by a trip to the Cracker Barrel candy store with the cousin.  Later that night a DQ banana split at greathusbandbob's request.  He took charge of getting cousin's roof fixed, I could not deny him.

On the up side, I haven’t missed any Zumba- and visited my original Zumba tribe on Thursday.  I love them and I love cracking them up which mostly I do by existing.  I finally have a friend friend from the gym Zumba.  The next goal for me is to start working with weights.  That will happen this summer and she and I will be workout partners.

Tomorrow the 4th and 5th grade girls start the Girls On The Run program.  My counselor friend and I will be joining and hopefully will be able to run in a 5k in May.  We'll just see how that works.

I’m still knitting squares in original Star Trek shirt colors.  I’ve blocked some and learned that acrylic melts.  There’s no real plan but I’ll keep making squares until I run out of yarn and see what happens next.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are voting today (Tuesday), right? And telling all your friends to vote? So that the Trump-backed candidate is left out in the cold? (Not that I am obsessed with politics..)