Saturday, March 17, 2018

A close call.

Strike week was hard on routines.  It also wreaked havoc with sugar abstinence.  As in hello donuts, bagels and pizza, where have you been all my life.

The exercise train was easy to hop.  It feels too good not to.

The food recovery had some close calls.  It was a hungry Saturday morning. (The start of a scary novel.) I was out and about after having taken cousin shopping.  The options were a subway seafood wrap a super delicious treat from the pizza place or go home and try one of the meal replacement shakes.

I had finally decided to go home ant take my chances, knowing I was too lazy to go back out.  And I found the rice and beans leftovers.  A perfect lunch.

This weekends experiment was a replacement for chicken noodle soup.  Fried tofu and shells to fill it out.


Lessons learned- lesson number one-pick one spice and go with it.  I’m not clever enough to know how spices work in combination.  Lesson number two- don’t use so many noodles. Lesson three-don’t use parsley.  Lesson number four- don’t forget celery.  It was tasty but could have been  better.

The square knitting continues.  I feel like quitting and then I can’t think of what else I want to knit.


Regarding memory loss- kmkat wrote this comment on the previous post.  I thought it was brilliant.

I think of my brain as a wheel. When I can't think of a word or remember a name I just have to wait for the wheel to turn and bring the lost word back to the front. Kind of like when Arlo Guthrie says we have to wait for the song to come back around on the guitar in Alice's Restaurant.




2 comments:

Suzanne said...

Brilliant comment on the Brain! You are doing so good. I would have easily given in to temptation.

Anonymous said...

Becky, you are Teh Awesome! Congratulations on your continued progress... and performing that most difficult of deeds, resisting temptation. You go, girl!