Monday, November 06, 2017

We interrupt this week for the annual birthday post

There may be the 2nd annual banana split birthday knit night at Sarris' tomorrow.  Except I don't know if anyone is coming so I may have to entertain myself. Ice cream cake tonight with greathusbandbob so there's no chance of feeling pathetic.

Also in birthdayness-

Flowers from the big guy and a charm for my chamilia bracelet from the mama.




All that being fabulous- yet I don't have any lesson plans for the high school class tomorrow so there's still that to do.

An update on the Christmas/Winter program.  I ditched the spirituals for the year- a parent told her kid "tell Mrs. Terry to do some different songs" (she's had three kids come through the school).  So instead of that we are doing all of the classic hear on the radio carols.  

Third grade is singing Nutting for  Christmas and Up on the Housetop- one astute student said "Mrs. Terry- these songs don't have anything in common- "  

No Caitlyn, they do have something in common- it's just vacuous and shallow. Give the people what they want.






1 comment:

kmkat said...

Teach those kids the meaning of vacuous!