Friday, November 17, 2017

The Baroque Period

That's where we just finished in music appreciation- where statues art and music were all about the movement of things and the space they took up.  It seemed like a good day to bring out some clay.


What's most interesting to me is that the smartest kids in the class were the least motivated/creative and those who seem to be B-C students really took to it.


Take the words "Grandparents Tea" and attend to what comes to mind.  Then make it a little bit bigger and then make it bigger still.  We had one of those this morning.  There were 275+/- grandparents in attendance.  All of the tables in the school and all of the chairs in the school were gathered for a tea to begin at 9:30 which was supposed to end AND be cleaned out by 11:30 so the kids could have a reward dance.  And it worked.  Call me surprised.  My choir sang. The program was  Skiddamarink, You are My Sunshine, and Over the River and Through the Woods.


Yesterday one of those little choir people randomly asked me what my favorite pie was.  Getting such questions are not unusual but it's more often the K-er's than 5th graders asking.  When she got off the bus this morning, she handed me this-


It's one of the small kind (thankfully).  I ate 1/2 of it - which was about two pieces- and gave the rest to the school nurse.  It was just calling my name. And it really is more of a vegetable than other treats.










No comments: