Saturday, November 25, 2017

Experimental Saturday

Did a Zumba class this morning.  Still have to stop in the middle so I don’t have a heart attack but I made an accountability friend.  Took the cousin shopping and then, having failed to find any recipes, looked to the produce section for inspiration.


Squash, zucchini, and baby bela mushrooms added to garlic sautéed in sesame oil. Flavored with red pepper and tamari sauce.  THEN some cornstarch to turn the liquid into a sauce.  It’s still cooking.  I’ll eat it over some brown rice.  I’m hoping it tastes amazing as I plan on it being the meal for the rest of the weekend.

Edited to add:  it was amazing!  Exceeded expectations.  Squash and zucchini added texture and variety.  Mushrooms were about the flavor and bulk.  Hint of red pepper so it wasn’t boring and the cornstarch sauce was perfect.  I can’t believe it. It’s the first time I’ve gotten cornstarch to do what it was supposed to.



No comments: