Friday, November 24, 2017

A week later...

It has been a good week off.

Let's talk about laundry.  It's taken every bit of this entire week to this point to get all of the clothes clean and folded.  And by all I mean all of them except that last load in the dryer.  It's always been a chore but even more so when it involves sorting and trying to figure out which clothes still fit and which are too big.  Because there are in fact now some clothes that are just too big to wear.

Food- I made some fried tofu.  I did not hate it.  Marinated in red wine vinegar, tamari (vegetarian soy sauce), roasted sesame seeds and garlic and then coated in corn starch and fried in olive oil. Eaten over brown rice.  That was the weeks biggest adventure- The computer is now charged and I may go in quest of something to try this weekend.  There is still chili in the freezer for lunches next week.

Zumba- and then some. The burg of Wayne has a new rec center built by the energy company EQT and the local hospital foundation.  I am now a member.  I went to my first zumba class there on Monday.  It kicked my damn ass.  She's not inclined to stop.  Also there are more cute skinny perky there than fat old and trying to get it together people.  I prefer the latter. But I will go back.  It happens on Monday, Thursday nights and Saturday mornings.  I'm in it to win it.  There is also an indoor walking track.


I do much better on this than I do on a treadmill.  I managed 2 miles in 30 minutes today. Then moved to the thing that pretends you're skiing (apparently called a freestride trainer) which I can only do for 60 seconds at a time and then a thirty second rest- and that for only 5 minutes.  Then a little recumbent bike pedaling.  I listened to Beethoven today and the longer pieces seemed to keep me going longer.

And finally- I was hoping to get several weeks of music appreciation lesson plans completed.  I've got three documented days which will likely stretch into five because I always overplan.  We are moving from the Baroque to the Classical period.  Sonata form, Mozart, Beethoven, a little opera, some Bugs Bunny cartoons.  It's a little overwhelming.  What's important to learn, what's the best way to teach it, how do you teach it and make it interesting enough to feel relevant?  Is personal enthusiasm enough or are there more inspirational ways to approach it.  On the other hand I'm learning some stuff I didn't know and revisiting the time period with less hurried teachers eyes so it's been fun.

Greathusbandbob found the ecowool too itchy and has opted to use the Kaffe Fasset afghan.  This means I get the ecowool.  This little space could not be any cozier.


There are seven pairs of mittens completed.  Three to go. Sadly the last three are in the same color so it will seem endless.  I haven't woven in any ends.  I'm going to keep knitting and save the weaving for knit night.  I'm looking forward to doing some lace for the accountant and then with the sweaters from the past fitting a little better, I may soon heed the call of the top-down.




No comments: