Friday, March 15, 2013

What's for dessert, you ask?

 

 

Anyone who has known me for a long time, likely looked at the previous post and thought, "man o day, that Sophanne hasn't said no to too many desserts lately." That much is true. Mmmmm...ice cream. But I digress. What you see above is what I say no to ON A NIGHTLY BASIS. Yes, this is Mr. Sophanne's bedtime snack. Unless its a birthday, you won't see him indulge during the day whereas I will eat any treat, any time, except at bedtime. Maybe there is method to his madness.

 

In other Mr. Sophanne news, he is in the process of applying for early retirement. As a result, he does not go to work anymore. I would enjoy this much more if I also did not have to go to work but such is not the case. So far he has spent each day working a full 8 hours filling out forms, making phone calls to bureaucracies and government agencies and visiting doctors offices bearing gifts of donuts and cookies.

All is well and it's all good- not to worry- but there has been some adjusting to do. As you might imagine, the cute LizaJane I thrilled.

In other news, hey medical friends, what is the likelihood of a false negative on those instant strep tests. The 10 minut culture test says no, but my body says otherwise. The CNP must have been doubtful as well, as she gave me strep fighting meds and I've heard those are harder to get lately.

I am grateful for those meds. The Pittsburgh knit and crochet festival is this weekend and we're having a little mini knit night field trip. Plus newfrienddebbie is going to get her first experience of fiber overload and new knit friends. Aren't you so excited for her?!?!

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Mr. Sophanne and his upcoming life of leisure. I expect him to be more busy than before though. Pie ala cookie - not for the faint of heart.

I hope you're feeling better, strep or no - go to the doctor for a real check please.

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Mr. Sophanne and his upcoming life of leisure. I expect him to be more busy than before though. Pie ala cookie - not for the faint of heart.

I hope you're feeling better, strep or no - go to the doctor for a real check please.

roxie said...

Yay Mr. Sophane! Let us know how he handles his retirement. Some people (me) lie back and wallow in the leisure. Some people fall into a slough of despond. Some people commence a career of social butterfly. Best of luck to him on whatever approach pleases him best.

And best of luck to you. It's a life change for the whole family.

Anonymous said...

Good for Mr. Sophanne! Hope you are feeling better for tomorrow. It is my first time just like newfrienddebbie. I hope to see you all there!

kmkat said...

At our clinic they do the instant strep test but also the real one, just to be sure. Wanna come to WI?