Tuesday, March 09, 2010

10 Shawls in 2010

So I joined the Ravelry group 10 Shawls in 2010. And it occurs to me that it is indeed March. March is the 3rd month of the year. I am only close to finishing one of these potential 10. It also occurs to me that the odds of me really finishing 10 in 2010 are slim to none unless of course they secretly mean 10 shawls in the next decade.

The yardage requirement for these shawls are much less than the shawls I have planned but I hates me a skimpy shawl.

In spite of the poor odds, I am going to continue to delude myself that I'll be able to do this.

I thought I'd document my delusion here by listing the shawls that I'm going to make. (all rav links)


Kilkenny Cable Shawl from Folk Shawls- in the yarn called for is about 2 skeins from being finished

Highland Shawl from Folk Shawls - in the yarn called for- about 50 rows into the whole thing.

Not started but planned include:

Eliina in some noro sock yarn

Wool Peddler's Shawl - in some malabrigo worsted

Matilda- in some laceweight that I have on hand from one festival or another.

Swallowtail- I ordered some Kauni for this one- somehow once it gets here I imagine it will go to the top of the list. If you plan on clicking any links, click this one. It's MonaR's swallowtail done in Kauni and it is scrumptious!

Romi's new Brandywine - in the yarn called for color birch

I realize there are only seven and not ten listed here but I'm betting that in the next 10 years there may be 2 or 3 more shawl patterns to love and add to the list.

3 comments:

Cindy said...

I'm not sure, but I don't think 10 shawls in the next 10 years is part of the original intention. Of course, I could be mistaken (again);-P

Yarnhog said...

Hahahaha! Ten shawls in ten months?! I'm pretty sure I couldn't manage ten shawls in ten years! That's one group I won't be joining. Of course, I'll be more than happy to sit here and giggle while you try to pull it off! ;)

Carol said...

I clicked on the Kauni swallowtale link. you beeyotch. Now want Kauni! But I NEED a new car. damn budget.....(walks away grumbling)