Sunday, December 13, 2009

hopefully the last lesson learned re steeking

So when you set up your steeking you knit 5 extra stitches and cut in the middle one. My newfound knowledge is that there is a reason you have 2 extra stitches. Therefore, when picking up for the edging, use the second one and not the one right next to the cut. Also be very careful. I think I avoided any major disasters but last night was not without some frustration. After finishing one vest armhole and shoulder seam I can say that this is by far the most "finished" looking item I've made in spite of the slips and slides.


more to follow

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whew! I was afraid that lesson might have involved an "Oh, sh!t!" moment...

Cindy said...

You're a braver knitter than I!!!

Yarnhog said...

I'm with kmkat; glad it wasn't!

I made my first short row heel last night. Not quite as daring, but I was still proud.

Haley said...

i just am so impressed with all of your knitting these days. i remember when i first started reading your blog and you called your self a novice knitter. you are definitely NOT a novice anymore. i am VERY impressed.