Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Cats and Dogs living together



What is the world coming to? Other random signs of these strange times...

It's 5:15 am and I am awake.

This is thanks to the fact that I have to be at work 30 minutes early for a meeting. I don't really need the extra hour and a half that this early hour gives me but I do need Mr. Sophanne home to help me get up. Even Liza stayed under the covers when I got up yesterday so I couldn't count on her one bit.

I learned to change a .wav file to an .mp3 file on itunes

This may mean very little to most of you- as in who gives a rat's a$$- but it was a slightly larger than small victory over technology yesterday and also prevented me from spending another random $25-$50 on a downloadable program that would do it for me.

While I have, in fact, been feeling very weary of holiday hoopla, I watched the entire hour of Santa Claus is Coming to Town last night (the pre-claymation one with Fred Astaire and Mickey Rooney)

Watching it made me feel a little sad for the multi-media inundated youth of today. It was such a special day in childhood when that came on. There was no other way/time to see it other than when the ABC network declared it so. (same with The Wizard of Oz). It makes me wonder what has taken its place in the world of "special things to wait for when you are a kid."

In a matter of days-at least by the weekend- I will be steeking for real (instead of practice)

I had some fiber festival unnamed hand-dyed wool that was going to be an EZ fair isle sweater. In spite of valiant efforts, it was pre-Brooklyn Tweed workshop and I couldn't live with what I knew could be better. I frogged it this summer and even reskeined the yarn. Now I have 16" of Meg Swansons shawl collar vest. Tonight I remove the sleeves, add stitches to the arms for future steeking and begin to create the v-neck. As with most things knit- rushing through the project is for fools and I have thus far been able to avoid that.

Any one of these items might suggest that there's something in the air. The fact that they are all existing together verifies it.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cindy declared a surplus of exclamation points on her blog and I was able to afford some.

3 comments:

Cindy said...

I loved "Ghostbusters", too! I didn't understand the .wav/I-Tune reference at all, so I am very impressed! And, I completely agree about "Santa Claus is Coming to Town". My 27 year old niece adores that one because it was popular when she was tiny. I still love it because it has heart. You are a very brave knitter. Give me a heads up on the steeking and I'll keep my fingers crossed!!!!

Yarnhog said...

Take lots of pictures of the steeking! (I've never done it, as it is so contrary to my understanding of the world.)

Anonymous said...

1. Your kitteh looks exactly like our En Esch. Little fluffball.

B. I heartily endorse self-congratulation on any occasion of technological triumph. .wav to .mp3? Teh awesome!

iii. I think I need to make that vest, too. Someday.