Monday, March 23, 2009

Breanne turned Eleven and Absolutely Not.

Here is why I like my job every now and then.

Breanne (who happens to be the one who told me she liked the gray sparklies in my hair for my Halloween costume- she was 8 then-- I had no sparklies other than natural ones in my hair) turned 11 on Saturday.

She came to me during recess and said "I wrote a poem. Do you want to hear it?"

"Of course." said I.

The snow is blowing
I'm still growing.
As a child,
I'm still wild.


She offered a beautiful interpretation of her words and said "I knew you would like it."

In something completely opposite of that...

I have a student teacher. He taught for the first time today. He was discouraged with his performance (he's quite an overachiever.) I was pleased. In searching for a way he might have made it better he asked, "Do I need to accompany this song? Should I play with myself?."

I replied, "Absolutely Not."

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG that is too funny!! Glad he didn't say that in front of kids!!!

Mary Beth said...

ROFLMAO!!!! Student teacher is a pervert! (even if accidentally, lol!)

flutter said...

LOL! kids are so great

Laski said...

Flutter said this was funny!

My, he is an overachiever!

Cindy said...

Cool poem. May I ask you if he had a straight face? I pray he wasn't that obtuse.

Anonymous said...

Snort. You made me snort.

Sunshine said...

You made me laugh at work, and that is definitely an oddity!!

Kim said...

Play with himself! That's an odd way to accompany a song. Can he play his own skin flute?

YawnOver said...

Sparklies - such a lovely euphemism! I have a lot o'sparklies in my hair right now, too ;)

And also, the comment before me (skin flute) - eww!!!

Carol said...

Did your student teacher realize what he had said???

Haley said...

love the poem. the student teacher comment made me crack up. i imagine he was just nervous--but then i'm always one to give people the benefit of the doubt.