Friday, October 12, 2007

Really NFT

So I'm hanging out at an elementary school, getting ready to teach 1st grade, relatively pleased with the fact that I haven't had one of my more recent "outpatient nervous breakdowns" not caused but definitely triggered by small children when...

"SuperTerry, you have a telephone call"

"Hello? This is SuperTery."

"SuperTery, this is The Emergency Room in The 'Burg. Your husband's here, can you hold on while I get a phone to him?"

"o.k."

"Hi honey, I had chest pains, they're taking me to the Bigger Burg for a catharazation."

insert your own controlled mania here but be sure to include some nice nurses

All is well. More medicine to improve things and prevent scares. He needs 24 hours of adult supervision so I'm staying home today until we find someone. (A.D.D., this one was totally NOT worth the day off yesterday- but today? Now that I know all is well... maybe.)

What were the Important Educational Moments I missed today? Well it's Field Day at The School and I was to spend all but 30 minutes of the day running a station that involved a bucket full of marbles, water, and at least 3300 toes. Praise Be to all Young Subs Eager for Employment.

16 comments:

LillyB said...

You didn't happen to have two second-day student teachers did you??

sophanne said...

LillyB!!!! you're reading me!!! No 2nd day student teachers. i think the counselor took the reins! ha ha

Anonymous said...

omg...hope the hubby is okay!!

Anonymous said...

OMG I hope your husband is doing better! And I hope you are hanging in there too! My husband got sick last year, and my mania was definitely not controlled.

Anonymous said...

That is a not funny thursday!! Glad he is ok and on the mend.
Thanks for your 2 cents about my blod submission, 200 words is not very many.

YawnOver said...

Sounds very scary :( Hope he is doing better.

cpurl17 said...

oh no!

I hope your husband is doing okay!!


(p.s. Thank you for your kind post on my blog--it made my day!)

Yarnhog said...

Oh, how scary! I'm glad he's all right. Whew.

But I don't understand--you didn't WANT to deal with 660 wet, drippy kid feet? How could you not?

knottykitty said...

Wow! Always a scare to get that kind of phone call. But I hope it eased things a bit that they could put your hubby on the phone himself!

Hope all has turned out well. But you really do have to find a less anxiety-producing way to get a day off work :) Best wishes for your hubby's speedy recovery!

Anonymous said...

Oh. That would be scary! Hope all is going well.

Olga said...

I hope your hubby is all better now that nursey is on the job! Man, that is scary. Your husbands attack not the nurse.....And your comment on my blog cracked me up, an one armed miget to boot!

Diane said...

What a frightening phone call to get. I'm glad he's better.

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Oh wow, we're pulling for him! Hope you guys are ok...

Sharon said...

Sending healing thoughts, hope all is well.

Anonymous said...

I'm sending quick healing vibes your DH's way and hope he's doing ok.

5elementknitr said...

So happy everyone's OK!