Saturday, November 10, 2018

random post number 841

When I came home from school on Tuesday greathusbandbob was out of his seating coming toward me with his iPhone saying "I couldn't wait until you got home!" My first thought was what did he do without me. Then I realized he was just excited.

The dog made a friend. Make this picture bigger and you will see what it is.  Apparently they engaged with each other for about 45 minutes.  At one point the deer tried to run away and fell, puppy went toward it then stopped- not knowing what to do next and they just hung out for a while.


Birthday night pictures not yet posted- decorations and a cake-



We were out of candles and rather than stop and get some I suggested we use a tea light.  It worked.  There were more balloons but the  point of this picture is to share that the Happy Birthday sign has been up for about 3 years.  We just don't take it down.  If you come to our house and its your birthday, you're in luck.

Knitting- I am quite the multiple personality knitter these days- I'm working on the giant double knitted coat, a double knitted scarf with itchy but pretty yarn that hombres through colors and makes a checkerboard against black yarn, a baby sweater for a former student that I never particularly liked but for some reason feel the need to give some attention to, and a beautiful lace cowl to match the first one so that I might give it as a present.

Food- Our insurance is sponsoring membership in an online weight loss program called Naturally Slim. In the words of the all too perky spokesperson,  "It's not WHAT you eat, it's when and how you eat."

It focuses on being more mindful while eating.  Eating, taking a break to let your brain and stomach catch up and then eating again if you're still hungry.  I have eaten much less as a result.  I'm also only really interested in food that tastes good.  I don't want to waste my full belly on average food.  I think it might be a good angle.  While I haven't broken the standing plateau threshold, I did drop the excess I gained with my pringle's/oreo indulgences.

The weather says there will be some snow.  I listen to people complain about the cold and nod my head in sympathy but definitely not empathy.  I'll take bone chilling cold over insurmountable heat any day.

In the category of stupid lazy people at school (which there are thankfully, much fewer of) comes a story about the custodian.  I had boxes and boxes from treats for the high school kids.  I also had an enormous Sam's shipping box because I had some of them sent.  Because I didn't want to make extra work for the custodian, I broke down and flattened all of the boxes and put them in the rolling bin that I see the kitchen uses for their cardboard boxes.  The only thing I did not do was collapse the plastic bags full of air packaging. The principal saw me take it to the cart headed for the dumpster.

The custodian came to me and said- "I took care of your garbage, I poked a whole in all of those packaging air bags."  Item one- once I throw it away and remove it from my room in a respectful and convenient (for them) manner, I don't really consider it MY garbage any more.  Item two- those little bags absolutely did NOT need to be popped.  Gravity would have done its trick once they were in the main dumpster.

But, "thanks for doing your job, big guy."


No comments: