Tuesday, November 20, 2018

mish mash

Thanksgiving Break- just a little reminder of why I love summer vacation.

Saturday was cooking day- I made homemade wedding soup from a Pittsburgh recipe site.


Sunday was the weekly visit- conversation overheard-

why didn't you tell me I had a heart attack.
I did tell you.
no you didn't
remember how they gave you a stent and I said they didn't contact me first?
well, yes but I didn't think that had anything to do with my heart
And you were in ICU and you thought someone had shot you?
Was that in the hospital?
yes.
why didn't you tell me?
Maybe I forgot that you wouldn't remember and I should have told you again.
PAUSE
I need you to know that I will never lie to you or keep anything from you
I know that but sometimes you exaggerate.
I promise I don't exaggerate when it comes to your health
sigh- just remember all the things I did for you when you were little
(unspoken) wait, what?

The lunch conversation was mostly about poop and the fact that handicap toilet seats are much better than regular ones which are entirely too low.  At one point I said "well, on that note," suggesting that it was time to end lunch.  Greathusbandbob pushed his chair out but no one else moved.  I need to get better at hinting.

Monday- yesterday was vacuum cleaner and clutter day.  Other than the cleaning that requires water (bathroom/kitchen floors) the house feels tidy and will make break more enjoyable.  This was followed by some zumba and garlic mushrooms (recipe from zumbaBetty) for dinner. Really just sautéed mushrooms with some fresh parsley, garlic, and thyme and some dry white wine (that Betty brought to me so I could make them)


Today so far the I've caught up with the bills, started the laundry and just now saw a fox pass by the window.  I guess that's what happens when your neighbor has chickens.




2 comments:

sunshine said...

How did the wedding soup taste? And what does exaggerating about her health have to do with what she did for you when you were little? I am confused.

kmkat said...

Bless her heart. You have the patience of a saint.