Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Winter program streamlined.


Once upon a time there were notebooks. And lists. And more lists. And xeroxed copies of lists. If 30+ years does nothing else it teaches one to streamline. Pictured here is the list of songs with page numbers. A treat from the sound guy who is also my "sub" for the day (I give him the day- he sets up and breaks down the equipment) and also works at a bakery.  Some knitting for all the time there is to hurry up and wait.  The only thing not pictured is the list of where kids stand and the Reader's Digest Christmas Songbook.

It’s 30 minutes before the show and already the grownups are pouring in to get the best seat.


And still there is healthy news to share. Pictured below you will see the short stage with risers.



Last year at this time the idea of one big step to get up there (in case of emergency) from the gym floor was unimaginable.  This year, no problem.  Next year I want my core to be solid enough to be able to hop down without fear of losing my balance-though I likely won’t do it because I don’t want to break my hip.

There is an extra pair of mittens no more.  I gave them to my millennial sound guy. He works at a restaurant.  I know he will have snow to shovel. He immediately put them on and clapped his hands and  although very manly in a hipster way, may have been heard to sqeaul with delight.  Now THAT'S how to receive a knitted gift.





1 comment:

kmkat said...

Excellent tidings all around!