Friday, December 01, 2017

When you can't predict the future, you should just laugh at the present

Item number the one- A pre-k aide shared this story with me-  The classroom teacher told the kids that before they lined up they had to spell their names for the teacher.

T: Harrison, spell your name for me.
Harrison: B............ I............. N.............G.......O.

Can't you just hear it?  If I need to laugh that's a go-to story.

Item number the two-  GreathusbandBob filled in his own name in an office with no one running.  He received a letter last week that told him he had tied with another candidate and they would draw straws on Monday at noon.  He may, in fact, become the local Minority Election Inspector in this community that is sorely lacking in minorities. (if you click it you should be able to read it if so inclined.)  He said that next time he's going to make sure I write him in too so he'll win by 50%.



The last moment of blog hilarity involves the as yet unending saga of where the dog would like to sit.  We moved the chair.  She's happy in it.  Mostly.  Every now and then she puts her paws on the arm of my chair and leans over without actually coming over.  If you invite her to come across or try to pick her up she gets a little snappy. I ignored it, put her on the lap and there she stayed for the rest of the evening. It's better than my weighted blanket.


And finally I've moved from getting snappy during program prep to being hilarious.  Also my filter shuts off.  It should be a great week and a half.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have a weighted blanket? Do you like it?