Wednesday, December 08, 2010

thank you karma

For anyone who comes here solely for the knitting content (which I can't imagine there is anyone because I come here for the laughs), there will be another shawl collared (steeked) vest in the next few weeks. About 10 more inches above the sleeve line, some steeks, some miles of garter stitch on the shawl... did I say weeks?

Yesterday the Lunchtime Talker was Out Of Control. Seriously. My ears hurt at the end of the 30 minutes and I wasn't even the first one to comment about it later. (usually I'm the biggest whiny baby about the whole thing being the least reluctant to change) I try to save all my complaining for this space.

You also need to know that I've been playing the "what's your theme song" game with all of my friends and colleagues. They don't really get it at first but once I give a few examples, they're mostly good with it.

We had a faculty meeting today. One of my favorite teachers came in and I asked her what her theme song would be. The talker heard this (I don't know how) and said "She didn't even ask me mine." I said, "Oh I already have one for you- Yackety Yack!" She laughed and laughed and slapped her knees and laughed some more. Others were sucking the air out of the room in fear. Then one of the lunch partners said "yea, if you eat lunch with her you KNOW it's true."

All was done in relatively good spirits-not snarky at all just the truth as we know it. I feel now I've at least had a chance to say what's on my mind without being offensive and when it gets to be too much at lunchtime, I may have a joking tool to ease the constant prattle.

7 comments:

Carol said...

Ooooh1 My hubby just reminded me I DO have a theme song. He wrote it for me. Altogether now...AWWWWWW

roxie said...

Good job! Humor is more powerful than just about anything.

Anonymous said...

Don't ya just love the way karma works? ;-)

Linda Sue said...

quick thinking! You are a good joke-ster- I would have been snarky for sure because that's how people of lower intellect are...but YOU! You stepped up! CHEER CHEER!

Lydee said...

:-)

Sunshine said...

Did she even get it??

MySiteMalixi System Development said...

Nice Post!
I would like to know more about your blog.You may also visit my blog and tell me what you think.