Thursday, September 03, 2009

You too...

could pay $20 to learn that the check engine soon light comes on if you haven't closed your gas cap with three clicks.

Or you could read it here first. But you'd still have to pay $20 to get them to turn the light off.

Cast on for chicknits mondo cable shell/vest in some Louet gems superwash willow. After you've knit on 1's and 2's for a while, 8's feel like some serious cheatermaneater.

Don't forget to enter the giveaway. I'll randomly select a winner on Monday!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think you HAVE to pay them to turn it off; I think that if you close your gas tank with the proper number of clicks and keep driving, eventually the light will go off. At least mine did...

Cindy said...

You must have one them new fangled cars.

Carol said...

I love my garage. They will clear out the annoying code for me for free! Of course, it's not like I don't give them a fair bit of my money on a regular basis. Seeing's how my car is 12 years old..

Jenn said...

My car doesn't have the handy cord attaching the cap to the tank, so a few months after we got my car, my husband opened the little door, took the cap off, put it on the roof of the car, filled the tank, paid and drove away. And then the check engine light came on. Then we discovered the handy little slot that holds the cap while you're filling the tank. Dammit.

Anonymous said...

OMG are you serious? I am banging my head against a wall right now. My check engine light has been annoying me for months. We could not figure out what is wrong with it. I'm going outside and re-seating the gas cap...if that works, I will come back in and continue banging my head against a wall.....Thanks!