Monday, September 14, 2009

Health Care...

or things you would prefer not to hear on a visit to the local hospital.

"He's got good insurance, let's keep him for observation."

"He's probably allergic to food additives- we better not feed him."

"I never said that."

"If you leave now, your insurance won't pay for anything." (which was a lie.)

from the doctor at 6:30 PM-after waiting for 9 hours to be seen "I'm still on my morning rounds."

A swollen tongue, some steroids, and 12 hours later, and all is well with the Mr. Sophanne- I'm glad for that but a little peeved at missing the big Celebration Weenie Roast at school.

6 comments:

Cindy said...

I hope it was just an allergic reaction. Damn, that is frightening.

Anonymous said...

Hope all is well with Mr. Sophanne.

Haley said...

sounds like a fun time. hope mr. sophanne continues to feel better.

Yarnhog said...

Dear lord. I hope never to hear any of that when I visit the hospital. I hope all is well.

Sharon said...

I'm so glad he's out of the hospital. Too bad Mr. Sophanne and you had to go through this, instead of those in Washington most strongly opposed to health care reform!

Mary Kathryn said...

Ugh. Glad all is well. LOL on "I never said that," too. Typical.