Thursday, October 30, 2008

Mice are to Mr. Sophanne as Moths are to Wool-lovers. I think it has something to do with his Brooklyn background and knowledge of rats.

Last night we heard the skittleskuttle of teeny mice feet on our ceiling tiles. This happens every time the weather gets a little chilly. Annabelle the cat usually takes care of them while they're outside.

Mr. Sophanne overheard them and decided that he needed to put some mice-killing-stuff in the ceiling tiles. He dutifully banged on the tiles to let the mices know that he was coming.

Apparently there were a couple of deaf mice- or maybe they're sound sleepers. A squeak and a scream (not so much from me) later we had a pile-o- mice killing stuff all over the floor and Mr. Sophanne endured a mouse falling on his head.

There's a mouse in the basement-living room now. With the cat and the dog that we have I don't imagine the little feller will last long. I am not sure, however, how long it will take Mr. Sophanne to come back downstairs and enjoy the new furniture.

Exposure therapy may be the answer. More than once last night (and by more than once I mean about seventyleven times) he said "A Mouse fell on my Head. It wasn't as bad as I thought."

We did do a thorough job of cleaning up the mice killing stuff after the fact. By we, I mean I.

If you plan on doing that Halloween contest post for some scout's swag you've got til tomorrow to get it posted!"

eta- Mr. Sophanne just came downstairs, asked if I'd seen the mouse, beat his chair thoroughly and asked where the cat was.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

So NOW he loves the cat best.

After having a mouse fall on his head, I think he should autoclave it.

Carol said...

Let me guess...he followed the cat around all night saying things like,"don't you want to sit on my lap for a while, kitty?"

To protect him from the mice.

Ha!

Mary Beth said...

Wow. I had a macho view in my minds eye of Mr. S, being a railroad man & all. He's going to be bringing home an extra cat just you wait.

sophanne said...

So now I'm wondering if Carrie K thinks he should autoclave the mouse or autoclave his head.

schrodinger said...

Poor guy! A mouse falling on my head would have most definitely evoked a scream from me.

sunshine said...

Tell Annabelle to get busy! I am going to be there in a week!!

Yarnhog said...

Dying. Laughing!

I can totally picture that scene.

I suppose he would be appalled that I used to leave out bread for the mice that lived in my furnace closet, hmmm?

Lydee said...

lol! poor mr. sophanne....