Thursday, October 09, 2008

Costumes

As I was looking through pictures in search of a favorite costume, it occurred to me that I've worn some sort of costume all of my life. I don't think it has to be Halloween just to call it a costume. I was too lazy to scan and had to do some creative "light" editing to make these photos palatble.

This first picture is the only actual "Halloween" picture. circa 1975, Batesville Mississippi, I was a bum. You could change the channels on the t.v. behind me by shaking up a bunch of pennies.


Just after college at my first job, I often dressed up as a band director


Once I became a general music teacher I got to go to conferences where banquets were "costumed." I made these medieval "digs" with help from the Claw when it was time to insert the grommets in the vest.


Most recently I pretended I was hip new yorker in a photo taken by Mr. Sophanne


I didn't post any pictures of the groupie costume or the maid of honor costume. I was just too skinny then. It depresses me to look at them too long.

Maybe after Saturday I'll have a picture of me in my trendy knitting costume with Brooklyn Tweed

9 comments:

Carol said...

Trendy knitting costume would be a way cool pic. I hear you about the skinny. I found a pair of leather pants from high school last year in my pile of stuff int he spare room. I can't believe I ever fit into them....

Mary Beth said...

Enjoyed this little costume montage. I really like the hip New Yorker shot. It's very cool & artsy.

Cindy said...

What a great trip down memory lane. You guys must have had the first prototype for a remote control. Looking forward to your modeling of Brooklyn Tweed.

Yvonne said...

Some totally cool pics there! I love the band director costume.

Yarnhog said...

Loved the photo trip down memory lane!

I regularly dress up as a competent adult. I can't believe anyone buys it.

Kim said...

You make a dandy medieval wench. Love the photo of you as hip NYer. Whenever anyone at work has to put on a suit/business attire for an out-of-office meeting, we call it putting on our "lawyer costume."

Lydee said...

love your pics! you're so beautiful in your medieval dressups!

Love the band director "costume"!
I started recorders with 4th grade and decided directing a band wouldn't be so bad. It's a nice change of pace. Now, if only I could actually play those wind instruments. Heaven knows I have enough wind.

sunshine said...

I forgot about the pennies! You made me laugh out loud!!!

5elementknitr said...

Posted mine here:
http://5elementknitr.blogspot.com/2008/10/traveling-trevor-contest.html

Scroll down since I posted my new constest above the entry for this contest!