Tuesday, May 01, 2018

WV State Road Rant ahead


I left the high school today. 50 yards to my left, a flagman standing at the local store (meaning heavier cross traffic) waves me on to the road.  Come to find he didn't realize that I was turning right and once I did made no effort to let me know otherwise (I was looking)

As I proceed down the road, well out of sight of ANY flagmen I approach the road crew.

I am stopped and the guy says "you better watch it you may run into the pilot truck"  He acts like he can't hear me when I say there was no flag person anywhere indicating what to do and then says.  "we're going to be here for a few weeks."

I pull over and wait for the pilot truck to lead me in the right direction.  As I am waiting, a U-Haul rental truck (entering exactly where the guy was standing) pulls onto the road in my direction.  If he's going that way, so am I.  He'll hit the pilot truck first.  At the end of the approximately 1 mile one way road, the pilot truck driver is waiting with the flagman, shaking her head in disgust (seemingly at me).

Dear WVDOH. Walkie Talkies- they're real- flagmen at intersections- think about it.

Also saying "we're going to be here for a few weeks" does nothing to let me know which direction I should be going.

No comments: