Sunday, April 15, 2018

Supah Zumbah supah food

Yesterday there was a Zumbathon (which is actually 90 instead of 60 minutes.). It was a relay for life zumbathon.  Money raised on entry ($10) and Chinese auction went to the cause.

I went with newfriendmaureen who is a puzzle to me.  She’s educated, has an adopted Korean son, doesn’t listen to country music or fox radio on the drive and yet she’s had a few reprehensible Facebook posts. 

 I want to be friends with her.  I don’t want to be friends with someone who belittles those Florida high school kids.  I unfollowed her for a while but am following again with hopes that I was mistaken in my first Facebook impression.

Another invented recipe that wasn’t a disaster today. Yellow squash, zucchini, okra, red lentils, tomatoes juice and canned tomatoes and cannelini beans.  4 hours on low, an hour on high in the crockpot. Served over a brown/wild rice mix with chopped up fried egg added.  I guess it’s sort of a vegetable chili.  Only pepper added.  It was time to take a break on poorly mixed spices.




No comments: