Tuesday, April 03, 2018

Rings on her fingers... you know the rest.

I’ve become refocused in the weight loss world.  I skipped some workouts and ate some food last week.  Just prior to that I had been seeing more progress than usual.  Perezagruzka as opposed to peregruzka.



I’ve found the trick to not being hungry and craving is to make sure the protein is good.  I found some protein cookies at walhell (16g/400cal) and have been filling in the "oh my, I’m starving" times with some protein shakes (12/200).  I also added some powdered protein to those delicious cake mix/pumpkin muffins which are always too moist anyway.  I know it’s effective because I made them Saturday and there are still some left.

That’s not to say there hasn’t been a milestone.  Most of my rings are too big all of a sudden.  Ones from way back are being used to make sure I don’t lose the engagement ring.  

Did I say last time that my new goofy friend needs a stocking for her granddaughter?  I happily volunteered.  Ordered yarn today.  She is not interested in Norwegian  patterns and instead wants some cutesy penguins but there’s no accounting for taste and I’m happy to oblige.  Also the gd's name is Nellie.

I got my eyes checked last week and new glasses are in the lab.  I always get the lightweight lenses and the anti-glare coating.  By agreeing to the light sensitive treatment I was able to get a second set of lenses for FREE and only had to pay for the frames.  I went for some sunglasses- which maybe I won’t really need with the light sensitive lenses but it seemed rational at the time. I spent $120 more on the 2nd frame but got a second pair AND saved $500!

Greathusbandbob begins a second week of respiratory troubles.  A touch of flu and all of this rain has made breathing so difficult.  It breaks my heart and all I can do is make sure he has food for dinner (which I will plan a little better if this goes on much longer.) he did get a chest X-ray today and there was no pneumonia so we'll just have to ride it out.

Finally on Thursday I will attend crisis team training.  I will be so happy to participate knowing that a little moderate exertion won’t wipe me out and send me to the showers.  We have to practice on each other and the tall former counselor (cute boy shhhh) had always been my sparring partner and will be there training as well. Yippee. I won’t be stinky sweaty old lady smell.

We've been talking about ballads in Music appreciation and started with Barbara Allen.  Today we listened to 8 different versions of John Henry.  We also examined the verses of the Great Titanic-ballads focusing on fatal disasters that happened here are called Native Ballads.  The irony of a happy melody (especially the chorus) combined with a horrible disaster was not lost on them.  

Tomorrow it’s the Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald (which made me so sad, sensitive child that I was) Then we'll talk about how to go about writing some lyrics (using a melody they already know which is what they used to do anyway.). But the reason I share this information here is because of the sub plans I’ve written for my absence on Thursday.  They have each been assigned. "Murder ballad" (which is a thing) to research.  Should be great fun. And will take care of me having to research them next year!

(Oh and maybe we'll have a flood day tomorrow and I’ll get to stay home.)



No comments: