Monday, January 16, 2017

Thoughts but no title

I said it before and I'll say it again-  the best night ever is the Sunday night before a Monday day off. Especially when the laundry is done and the meals are planned.

Last night we had broccoli and shrimp and my goal was to produce a white sauce.  The sauce in a jar tastes, as Aunt puts it, medicinal.  I also think it is strong and stomach churning.

Enter this low fat, low sodium option from the food network.  The pasta water they suggest to add made it a little runny- without it, it was perfect texture and flavor.  Light, creamy, smooth subtle.  We may have found a winner



Finally, I fear that global warming may take its toll on the knitting community.  With temperatures like this, who needs wool sweaters?




And finally another day of decluttering.  I find myself decluttering the same area over and over again- the yarn room.  I need to spend some time being mindful of what is causing the clutter so this ritual can end.

And really finally. The upcoming inauguration worries me so.  It's chaos as can only be created by a narcissistic sociopath with chaos as the final goal.  I hope those senators and congresspeople elected to represent us will do the right thing when the time comes.













No comments: