Monday, August 08, 2011

The Elusive Apple Annies

If you google Apple Annies, Pt. Marion, PA, you will find a restaurant that generally gets 4.5 out of 5 starts on all of the food critic pages. You won't find it on a map- it's in an alley right after the VFW and the only way I got there was going with someone I knew. Thus began this today's adventure.

I met up with the art teacher friend (who also has one of the cutest babies I've ever seen- see for yourself)


He's teething, can you tell?

We were a little early for the 11:00 am meeting with others so we stopped at the WVU Dairy Farm- there we saw some cows.


Cow Baby


Cow Mama to be


Cows saying "this is better than Apple Annies!"


Coincidentally, the Dairy Guy was the husband of one of the women we were to meet for lunch. He answered all questions "cow" and even ones we didn't ask. You probably already know this but the amount a cow milks is measured officially in pounds. The "heavy milkers" that you see in the last picture produce 115 pounds of milk a day which translates into 15 gallons!
The milk from the dairy farm goes to cheesemakers in Pittsburgh.

Apple Annie's met all expectations and in honor of the cows I had a three-cheese grilled panini. I also think I'll have some ice cream tonight. Thank you cows.

1 comment:

JelliDonut said...

Whoa! That is a whole lotta milk. I had no idea!