Thursday, January 15, 2009

I am here, I am here!

Wow- it's been a while since a post. And yet I have so little to report. I've missed some knit nights thanks to inclement weather.

No school today because of the cold and snow. Likely no school tomorrow. Definitely no school on Monday. Looks like a 5 day weekend.

I've paused the Eliina shawl trying to decide if I can accept non-perfection. Last week Yarn Harlot's calendar said something like "There's a reason it's called knitting and not Making a Sweater." The malabrigo sweater is facing similar issues though I think with some blocking the fact that it's hugging my buddha belly will disappear.

I gave away some slightly worn Lamb's Pride mittens to the pre-k teacher who admired them and said she was doing a unit on mittens. Mostly because it was cool to be able to say "don't worry I can make another pair." I've got the first of a pair done-glad to find out I can still follow a pattern (using Ann Budd's book) and the second of the pair started. I already have a scarf that matches- maybe I'll have my first matching set if I can muster up a hat.

I've got a Noro Brooklyn Tweed scarf on the needles because they are so addictive.

I've roughhoused with the dog which will keep her settled for an hour. Conquest of the Planet of the Apes is on Encore in a few minutes. I may do some decluttering and knitting.

That's all there is to report here in the arctic blast. If I can manage to make it through the day without slithering under the covers for most of it, I will call it a success.

Stay warm!

10 comments:

Mary Kathryn said...

I'm happy again about your snow days (majorly envied them as I wasted away in South TX)!! What a nice treat. Enjoy the potential 5-day weekend.

Cindy said...

What's wrong with slithering under the covers? If you're cold, you're cold. It's hard to sit and knit when your hands are frozen.

Anonymous said...

Lucky you getting to stay inside today. I had brave the cold and roads to take care of animals. Then I have to hit the auction to buy a mini horse and head off to work.

Sarah said...

I really think we should get snow days in the working world, too. All I can say is thank goodness my husband is willing to drive me in to work in the morning, because walking a mile in -10 degree temps is not my idea of fun. I'd much rather be home, even under the covers!

Lydee said...

go "git chew" a heated throw (soft ones at sam's club). I got one for christmas and I love it. snuggling under the blanket, but not actually in bed. awesome.

some knitting and tv sounds good.

Anonymous said...

Hooray!!! I hope you enjoyed your day. Keep your fingers crossed for single-digit temps at about 5am tomorrow.

Haley said...

snow days. i remember those. sounds like you have a lot of fun knitting right now. can't wait to see some pictures.

Kim said...

Damn I wish I had some snow days. Don't have Monday off either. Stink-o-rama! Enjoy your Planet of the Apes and knitting. We must have the same Harlot calendar.

YawnOver said...

Freaking cold. I hate it. We'll be in the negative numbers tonight. Thank God for knitting and warm dogs ;)

Carol said...

Oh yes. We have inclement weather here too. It sucks. I thought we had global warming happening? It's -19C here......Where's my global warming?