Thursday, January 29, 2009

blog posts without pictures

are not my favorite thing.

I have been pictureless for quite some time. I have the stry-ped whi-ked sweater to show, I received my awesome Sir Robin Traveling scarf and it is gorgeous and I am crocheting a giant doily-type afghan in some brown chunky stuff that didn't work as a vest.

Worse that blog posts without pictures are blog posts describing the pictures your not seeing. It's January. I struggle. Just think of the giant picture collage that will someday come this way.

I got this gem of a message on Facebook this week:

So..I love my socks and would like to put my order in for a few more pairs. We don't wear shoes at my private practice because so many kiddos onthe floor putting things in their mouth. I could not believe how many kids commented on my new socks! I think it would be fun to make them my "work" socks. You should have a buisness :)...anyway..if you have time! I pay well :)


I replied:

I'm so glad you love them. I'll make sure you have another pair before too long. If I were to turn my hobby into a business it wouldn't be much of a hobby anymore. I'm also a very good instructor if you'd like to learn to make your own. : )
It's really great to knit for someone who appreciates it.


I only have 2 functional pairs of knitted socks I love to wear- now I've semi-obligated myself to another for someone else.

That's all I've got other than a couple of really bad bisquick recipes. I'm bisquick impaired. Or else Bisquick thinks that pizza crusts should taste like biscuits. Or else I can't follow directions. I might have to quit trying to take short-cuts. I may even buy some yeast and try to make pizza dough this weekend. How hard could it be?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pizza dough is easy. Maybe if you added some olive oil and garlic and maybe some Parmesan to the Bisquick recipe it would be more to your liking. That said, *real* pizza dough is dead easy.

Carol said...

whenever someone says to me "You should sell these" these being socks, slippers, purses, etc, I tell them how lon git took to make,in the case of socks, roughly 15 hours of work for a pair, multiply it by minimum wage and then add, "but that's not including the cost of the yarn. Decent sock yarn runs around another $16!" and the person generallyagrees that selling htem is not feasible....it also stops the from asking me to make them socks, purse etc....

Anonymous said...

I totally hosed myself the other day when someone asked if I'd knit them a hat like mine (Foliage) and I stupidly said "OK." People are always telling me I should quit my job and knit shawls to sell. That would be great if I could live on $.15/hour.

Cindy said...

No advice on the knitting socks thing. I have gift issues of my own;--) As for the pizza dough. Make it yourself. All it is is warmish water, yeast, flour, a bit of salt, olive oil and you mix it together and then turn it out and knead it a couple of times to get it "go together". You oil the bowl and put the dough back in and cover it. After it has risen (I cover mine with a towel), you can tell it has risen enough when you push in a tiny bit and it doesn't push back out. Then, you take it out and knead it again. Rest it and then make your pie. Overkneading makes it tough. You can also add garlic, parmesan, oregano, cayenne. If I can do it, you most certainly can. Homemade pizza will spoil you for the rest of your life!

Yvonne said...

Pizza dough is easy peasy. Make sure the water isn't too hot! If you have a temp probe (ha! I said probe) (ha! I said it twice) for the microwave, use it and heat the water to 110°. Piece o' cake.

Kim said...

As you know I am a selfish knitter and don't like knitting lengthy projects for others (hats, cowls, mittens are the exception). You are going to go mad with mosaics when you get your picture taking back up.

flutter said...

um excuse me, I need pictures!! :P

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Hello....Bisquick IS the short cut!!!;)

Lydee said...

i shall parrot: pizza dough is easy. all i was going to say has already been said.

though, it's rare I'm w/o comment, so I'll add that I mix mine up, let it rest (barely) for 20 minutes (cause I'm so hungry), wrestle I mean, roll, it out (which I don't like doing), and will prebake if I'm loading it with toppings. if not, I don't bother.

I hate rolling out pizza dough, so I'll grease my pans (with olive oil) and just work it out with my fingers and palms until it's as flat as I like.

hope you tried your own pizza crust.

oh by the way, I'd like a few more socks if you can get around to it....
;-|