Wednesday, October 09, 2019

Secret squirrels

We are secret squirreling at school do nice things for a few months- end with a Christmas present and a guess.

In the month that’s passed there has been minimal action from my squirrel.  But I am not the most pathetic recipient.  Our 5th grade teacher has received a crocheted cross (she’s not at all religious) and a kitschy collection of post-it notes.  The thing is the post it notes were a welcome back to school thing from the admin at the beginning of the year to every teacher in the building. As in 5th grade teacher now has two of them.

Yesterday I suggested that she and I become not so secret squirrels.  Pseudo-squirrels as it were. We were both good with it because we’d rather know a good squirrel than be disappointed by a secret one.  Today I gifted her one of my knitted knubblekins (she has a little one at home it was perfect for) and another kitschy collection of said post-it notes.

This evening she sent some photos-



      

I love when knitting makes people smile.






No comments: