Thursday, September 20, 2018

weekly catch up

There is little to report other than a dark start to the week when I found out that retiring at 55 is not financially viable.  I've had 6 years added to my sentence. It made me so sad.

In other news, school is joining the walk 100 miles in 100 days thing.  We will have little subgroups within the school.  I asked the teachers who don't have homerooms if we could have our own group. (I'm always left out with the goofy physed teacher and weird-not in a good way- art teacher.)  We were going to call ourselves The Winners but then I asked if we could be The Best Winners and everyone agreed.  Then I came up with our group motto- We may be homeroomless, but we have class.

This evening we had parent conferences.  No one wanted to conference with me so I kept my door closed.  I had a list of multiple things that I wanted to get done.  Then I started putting new strings on ukuleles and spent two and half hours doing only that.  It makes me crazy when I get so fixated on a thing I can't stop.  What also makes me crazy is the learning curve.  It took an hour and a half to restring the first one and figure out why it wasn't holding.  Then I did three more in the last hour.

This weekend I am getting a short break from the routine.  I am meeting my favorite friend from Charleston WV in Sutton WV at Cafe Cimino Country Inn.  She is in her second year of retirement. She doesn't know about my new status but she does know of my near burnout.  She is also the friend that took up knitting the same time I did and is a fan of crazy B horror flicks.  We came to that place independently of being together.  We are soulsistahs.  It couldn't have come a moment too soon.  The routine of life as I know it was beginning to drive me mad.




1 comment:

sunshine said...

You still may retire before I do!!! ;-)