Monday, January 07, 2013

It never fails...

The Scorpion and the Frog
from the website Aesop's Fables




A scorpion and a frog meet on the bank of a stream and the

scorpion asks the frog to carry him across on its back. The

frog asks, "How do I know you won't sting me?" The scorpion

says, "Because if I do, I will die too."



The frog is satisfied, and they set out, but in midstream,

the scorpion stings the frog. The frog feels the onset of

paralysis and starts to sink, knowing they both will drown,

but has just enough time to gasp "Why?"



Replies the scorpion: "Its my nature..."


No matter how many times I am "stung by the scorpion," it never fails to surprise me when it happens again.




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm good story. I can relate and I'm sorry you got stung.

Casa Pearl said...

Well, one way to look at it is that you have a positive and open outlook to life. While it hurts to get stung, I think it's how we learn and grow about ourselves and others. Hang in there. The scorpion also suffered as a result of his actions.....

roxie said...

Sorry you got stung. Quit playing with scorpions.

Mary Kathryn said...

I love this. And, strangely, I needed it at this moment. So wise.