Saturday, September 13, 2014

Some thoughts

I was a recluse when I started blogging. I had one good (not husband) friend and the primary basis of that friendship early on was that canceling plans was allowed if there was excess anxiety on either side.

When I started reading blogs I found internet friends who wrote about knit nights and yarn stores.

I thought, hey maybe I could go to a yarn store.

I did. They had knit night. After much trepidation, I went there too.

I found that I could be a part of that tribe and I made friends.

All that practice being and making friends while knitting helped in the real world. For a while I carried my knitting to combat social anxiety and only rarely did I need to resort to it.

Now I can go out into the world without it and have fun, not even needing medication. Of late I've even initiated a few social gatherings and looked forward to them with anticipation rather than dread.

Anyone who suggests that there is not magic in knitting has never heard my story.

Thanks everybody.

2 comments:

kmkat said...

Knitting is magic. Good for you!

sd said...

loose weight and feel great looking to loose a few kilos.11667
want to improve your health and lifestyle? we have fantastic weight loss guides, recipes, and exercise tips to get you back into shape visit:(http://tinyurl.com/3gce3ot) ids (11667) click on the links to the right.11667